A Hefty Companion
A Companion to New Media Dynamics is out now. And admittedly, it is quite expensive. But try to get your library to order a copy, as it does contain some really handy chapters on media culture, networks, politics of platforms, mobility, and more! I just finished reading a nice Sean Cubitt-piece (on media studies and new media studies), and will continue with some of the other great looking texts.
I co-wrote with Tony Sampson a piece on spam, network virality and contemporary capitalism and marketing: “Learning from Network Dysfunctionality: Accidents, Enterprise and Small Worlds of Infection”. It continues our joint interests into networks as well as viral capitalism, but with a specific Tardean twist.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
is a writer, media theorist and Reader in Media & Design at Winchester School of Art (University of Southampton). He is also Docent of Digital Culture Theory at University of Turku, Finland and Honorary Visiting Fellow at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge.
- RT @MuseeArtForain: Une critique en anglais de l'expo Virtualia par Errki Huhtamo publiée par @juspar sur machinology #MediaArcheology htt… 4 hours ago
- RT @entschwindet: "The UK government's failure to establish an oil fund for future generations, similar to the Norwegian fund now worth an … 7 hours ago
- RT @sinkdeep: @juspar yup. moar.. how you talk about gender/tech/media without talking about class. >_< #failminism 7 hours ago
- @sinkdeep I agree completely. It's pretty much the watering down of feminism that tech industry - but not only tech! - is good at. 7 hours ago
- @sinkdeep Yea, we are probably along the same lines regarding the latter. As for media/class -- like more pol. econ. tuned MA? 7 hours ago