Sociability, or sex, mental disorders and code
The basic teaching of The Social Network is, probably, more or less: people go to extensive measures in order to get sex. And The Social Network presents one of the most complex ways of achieving that (and if you think “sex” is here too blunt, just replace it with “achieving social recognition”, “status”, etc.): to write the most successful social media platforms till yet, and make it into a billion+ business.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
is a writer, media theorist and Reader in Media & Design at Winchester School of Art (University of Southampton). He is also Docent of Digital Culture Theory at University of Turku, Finland and Honorary Visiting Fellow at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge.
- @kkolozova this looks really promising 1 hour ago
- More on Saarinen's breathtaking Hunt: irishtimes.com/dublin-dance-f… #Stravinsky #Dublin 3 hours ago
- Dublin dance festival, Tero Saarinen and Stravinsky: guardian.co.uk/stage/2013/may… . I co-wrote a text about that production, Hunt. 3 hours ago
- A bit of moving panorama, a bit of curiosity cabinet and a chunk of Erkki Huhtamo jussiparikka.net/2013/05/19/mov… #MediaArchaeology 3 hours ago
- @sinkdeep I agree, some inspiring material there! 3 hours ago